The Bargaining Council for the Civil Engineering Industry (BCCEI) has been accredited by the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) to handle all civil engineering sector disputes. This means that companies that are not members of the South African Forum of Civil Engineering Contractors or employees who are not members of the Building, Construction and Allied Workers Union or the National Union of Mineworkers, but fall within the civil engineering industry, can now derive the same advantages as those companies and employees who are members of these entities.
- effective September 1,2015
- companies and employees no longer have to go directly to the CCMA
- time saving benefits to stakeholders
- access a panel of skilled professional commissioners with industry specific experience at the BCCEI
- leverage the expertise and knowledge of the panel members will provide stakeholders with a strong and reliable arsenal
- the BCCEI provides an unbiased and impartial service to the civil engineering sector
- assist parties with direction and support in line with industry specific standards and guidelines