The Building Industry Bargaining Council in the Western Cape has been providing a computerised payroll services for many years. For your information a brief outline follows. The payroll cycle operates either weekly or fortnightly. The employer provides:
* The time worked per employee via time sheets (supplied by us).
* Details of new employees.
* Changes to the details of existing employees.
The system provides
* Wage envelopes
Showing rates of pay, additions, deductions, gross & nett wages, etc.
* Employee report
Providing the static and year-to-date detail per employee.
* Summary of wages for the cycle
Detailing UIF, PAYE, regional services levy, gross & nett wages, deductions, etc.
* Report of deductions made
Broken down by employee within type of deduction.
* Labour costing
Per job, per cost centre etc.
* At tax year end
File for submission to SARS.
* Electronic payment of wages (directly into the employees’ bank accounts) - optional
An email which can be used to load the employee's wages directly into their bank accounts.
* Employee benefits
Are automatically transferred to the Council’s database, eliminating the need to go through the normal benefit purchases procedure.
Cost of service
Weekly cycle: Ranging from R102.00 for 5 employees to R519.00 for 100 employees
Fortnightly cycle: Ranging from R177.00 for 5 employees to R781 for 100 employees.