Working together for the Industry
What does it mean to be in Good Standing?
The following criteria must be always met to ensure compliant status with the requirements of the Collective Agreement.
- The employer must be registered, (Clause 6).
- The employer must have registered all their employees, (Clause 8).
- An employer must have complied with any assessment and/or settlement agreements, i.e., agreed payments have been remitted to the BIBC, (Clause 29 to 33).
- All interest payable on late benefit purchases, where adequate notice of such interest has been provided by the BIBC, has been paid by the required date, (Clause 54 (3)).
- An employer must have complied with any penalty imposed and paid any resultant fines in full, (Clause 54 (1))
- The employer must have made full payment on any order from a Council-appointed debt collector, (Clause 29 to 33).
- The employer must have purchased benefits in the last 2 months, (Clause 29 to 33).
- An employer has ensured that at the time of appointing any sub-contractor that such subcontractor is fully compliant with the BIBC’s collective agreement, (Clause 7(3)(4)).