This "pay as you go" fund is currently only available to qualifying Artisans.
As a 'closed' fund, BIMAF does not fall under the Medical Schemes Act but does endeavor to meet the minimum requirements of that Act.
The fund covers 90% of the scale of benefits and the remaining 10% is for the members’ own account.
The benefits and limits for the 2022-2023 benefit year are as follows:
An overall maximum of R66,500 per family per year.
- Medicines – R9,880 per family per year. The member will be required to pay an R5.00 levy on all medicine dispensed.
- Dental Benefits – R6,448 per family per year.
- Optical benefits – R4,680 per family per year.
- Private hospitals cover is limited to an R2,288 ward fee per day and an R4,420 theatre fee.
- Cover is for 90% of the cost of materials whilst in the hospital and the remaining 10% is for the members’ own account.
- The fund will allow R1000 over-the-counter (OTC) medicine per family per year and there is no levy payable.