Guidelines for Employers
A detailed Benefit Return must be completed online via the BIBC's eesi© platform, using the correct contribution codes on the Wage Schedule, (see below).
What is a Benefit Return?
The online Benefit Sales Return module is used to capture the member number, initial, surname, date of birth, benefit code, and the number of benefits due for all employees, for the period of submission.
How do I pay over contributions?
Our bank details are:
First National Bank Account No: 54623113443
Branch Code: 201409
Your Employer number must be used as a beneficiary reference for identification.
Card payment facilities are also available at all our Offices.
When must benefit contributions be paid?
Benefit contributions must reflect in the BIBC bank account by the 7th of the month after which the benefits were due. For example, the payment of employee benefits for an employee who worked during the month of April must reflect in the BIBC bank account by 7 May.
How do I know what to pay employees?
The Wage Schedule (see below), lists the value of the relevant benefits per affiliation and employment category and is published annually.
What is the Industry Benefit Year?
The Building Industry Calendar is linked to the financial year period of the BIBC which starts on 01 November and ends 31 October. Week 1 in the new financial year therefore starts on 01 November (see the calendar below).
How can I get assistance with completing my returns?
You can either view the instruction video on the eesi© platform or send an email to
- Employer Return New Auto
- BIBC Calendar 2022/23
- BIBC Calendar 2023/24
- BIBC Week-ending and Benefit Due Dates (Nov 2022 - Oct 2023)
- November 2023 Wage Schedule - All Areas effective 1 November 2023
- November 2022 Wage Schedule - All Areas effective 24 July 2023
- November 2022 Wage Schedule MBA Members (Expires 23 July 2023)
- November 2022 Wage Schedule Non-MBA Members (Expires 23 July 2023)
- PHI Tax Table 2022/23
- PHI Tax Table 2023/24
- BIBC Industry Holiday Period December 2023
- BIBC Week-ending and Benefit Due Dates (Nov 23 - Oct 2024)